Sunday, January 3, 2010

How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?


This Christmas I was given a gift that is woven into my childhood patchwork. My Aunt Judy gave me 40th Anniversary edition of The Sound of Music! But more than that, she promised to watch it with me (Chris can't stand musicals, although I feel sure he would have a change of heart if he would only give this one a chance!).

So last night Aunt Judy and I sang along to every last note together, only wishing that we too, could be roaming the hills of Austria, singing to our hearts content!

And all morning, my husband has had the pleasure of hearing various tunes like, "Do a deer, a female deer, Re, a drop of golden sun..." and "I am sixteen, going on seventeen, I know that I'm naive..." and "The hills are alive with the sound of music, a-a-a-aaa..."!

And that my friends, is the stuff great movies are made of!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...