Friday, November 21, 2008

The Holiday Season is Upon Us!

Today I had my first taste of the Holiday season! I was invited by Christopher's step-grandma, Lupe, to the Harvest Festival in Sacramento. I have seriously been looking forward to going for almost two months. It was fantastic, and the best part was, like any sweet and loving grandma would do, she gave me $50 to spend!! Amazing since I really didn't have any extra cash. She told me this is a tradition, I'm all for it:)

We had such a wonderful time! I am definitely someone who LOVES the hustle and bustle of hundreds of woman running around and squishing each other in hopes of finding the perfect gifts and holiday goodies! I purchased some super cute things and I really can't wait to decorate for Christmas next weekend!!!

The best part of my day was spending time with Lupe and Chris' Pop when we finished at the festival. You see, since I moved to California, twelve years ago, I haven't had grandparents nearby. I have grown very grateful to have his twenty minutes from us. As we sat and chatted for about two hours I realized three things that I really love about grandparents:
  1. Stories! I am a big fan of them. Today, we happened to stumble upon a few about Chris as a kid. It is beyond endearing to hear his grandpa tell me about how Chris was his right-hand man when it came to building things:) It makes me especially proud to share stories about what an amazing man and husband he has become!
  2. Home baked treats! As I am sipping hot pomegranate tea and savoring a warm, toasted piece of homemade zucchini bread, I simply cannot deny that grandparents make the best goodies:)
  3. You are never in a rush at their house. It almost feels as if time stands still, just for you! I have decided that the next time I am feeling stressed out, that's where you can find me:)
I am praying that you too, are enjoying the season as much as I am. Take time to look around and count your blessings!

A fun Christmas survey that Jeannine sent to me. Copy and paste it and send it along to your friends and family (and me too!)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for sure! You can do so much more with it!!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real! I just love everything about picking it out on a chilly evening and the smell!
3. When do you put up the tree? Two days after Thanksgiving. The day after is reserved for shopping, of course:)
4. When do you take the tree down? Right after New Year’s.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really. It is so rich, but I do love Silk Nog.
6. Favorite gift received? Definitely my pink Kitchen Aid mixer!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad because he doesn’t get excited about anything.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom because we have very similar likes and dislikes. If I love it, I can pretty much bet that she will too!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Not yet, but give me a break, this is my first Christmas in my own home.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Definitely mail. I am old fashioned like that!!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't really like this question. I love presents and the thought that people put into them!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It’s a tie between White Christmas and Elf.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start getting ideas around October, but don’t usually start buying until day after Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mom’s Crème Brulee French toast!!! I will learn to make it someday!
16. Lights on the tree? Yep! Clear.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Baby it’s Cold Outside, on Christmas with the Rat Pack
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Never spent a Christmas away from home!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I sure can!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A beautiful bow that cascades down the tree (thanks Mom!)
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve and the rest in the morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Grouchy people!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? My Disney ornaments!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We do a big crab dinner on Christmas Eve and Christmas brunch, so dinner is usually fairly simple.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? New running shoes, the basics: VS undies and cute nighties, Origins Shedonism, a good vacuum, and a bunch of Taste of Home stuff;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...