Friday, July 20, 2012

{Foodie Week} Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

To conclude Foodie Week here at HWTH I have a sweet treat for ya! Of course a self-proclaimed sweet tooth like myself couldn't leave you without dessert! While not exactly healthy, I love recipes like this one because they're incredibly simple and chances are, you already have all the ingredients in your pantry. Believe me, I was pretty skeptical that a cookie containing a mere four ingredients (and no flour or butter) could be anything above sub-par. Folks, I am proven wrong.

These peanut butter cookies are superb! In fact, I will likely never touch another peanut butter cookie recipe. They are sweet, delicate and well, very peanut buttery. But I believe the magic really comes to life with the sprinkle of sea salt I added to the finish. It cuts the sweetness perfectly! But I must make one request of you - please, please make sure to use natural peanut butter! Otherwise, I fear the added sugar in other varieties would completely ruin these. Seriously, don't do it.

And finally, I just wanted to thank you all for taking part in my first ever Foodie Week! I had a lot of fun putting together some of our new favorites and I hope you get a chance to try one or two (or all!) of the recipes I shared this week! 

Without further ado, I give you these scrumptious little bites...


Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup sugar (I used half regular & half brown sugar)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Coarse sea salt

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until well combined. 
  3. Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture about 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten the mounds with the tines of a fork, making a crosshatch pattern on the cookies. Sprinkle coarse salt on top of the cookies.
  4. Bake until golden around edges, about 10 minutes.



Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Missy said...

LOVE peanut butter cookies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...