Tuesday, July 17, 2012

{Foodie Week} Sweet & Salty Popcorn


A favorite snack around here is air-popped popcorn. It's a delicious, inexpensive, low-calorie, high fiber snack that we can really feel good about eating!

 I don't know about you, but when it comes to popcorn, I am partial to the ever famous sweet/salty combo. Oh, kettle corn...

However, I recently stumbled upon what is my new favorite combo. It really hits the spot when I'm hankering a sweet & salty snack, but with way less sugar than kettle corn! The addition of coconut oil infuses a lovely hint of exotic sweetness while the dark chocolate melts into the warm kernels, all balanced out by the touch of sea salt - be still my heart!! And because dark chocolate is so rich, it doesn't take much to satisfy a pesky sweet tooth!

I can definitely get on board with healthy snacks that tastes awesome.

 Sweet & Salty Popcorn

Ingredients

1 teaspoon coconut oil
1/4 cup popcorn
1 Tablespoon dark chocolate chips
Pinch coarse sea salt

Directions
  1. Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
  2. Add popcorn to pan and cover until fully popped.
  3. Add chocolate chips and sprinkle with sea salt.

2 comments:

Missy said...

yum! i love sweet and salty! and i also love popcorn - the healthy way and the unhealthy way. last time i was at the movies the woman asked me, do you want the butter on top or do you want it layered. i said, LAYERED! is that a question?

in every day life i eat the 98%FF kind though. lol

Unknown said...

Too funny! I love the smell and idea of movie popcorn, but every single time I give on I end up feeling sooo sick :( Chris always has to remind me of this when I want to buy some!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...