Monday, October 27, 2008

A Soft Place to Land

I love to reflect on life. This morning, as I am doing so, I can't help but laugh. Life can throw some real zingers! The awesome thing is, if you are lucky, they are usually padded with some extra good moments.

This being said, I need to brag on my husband for a minute. Those of us who know him are very aware of his blunt nature and logical mind. You may also know that I almost always analyze with my emotions. I have always thought of the logical people as cold in a way. However, I think I have discovered their secret: They are actually just saps in disguise! I have felt down lately. I am just in one of those funks, you know? Being a woman, I have hormones to blame part of it on:) So Chris, in his non emotional way, has really picked me up this week (Always really, but especially lately!) I can't even begin to tell you how grateful I am for a partner who can see my needs and use the tools he has to love on me. This is why I have titled this blog A soft place to land. I am thankful to have one.

Let me count the ways~
~He brought me home beautiful flowers for our 4 month anniversary. This is so not cliche-I LOVE having fresh flowers!
~When I got all of my music stolen from my car, he started finding all of these new artists he thought I would like and downloading the music for me:)
~When we were 35 minutes out of apple hill and I realized I forgot to pick up the ornament we bought, he turned around like it was not even a big deal. Even though gas is ridiculously overpriced!
~He tells me I am the most wonderful wife for doing simple everyday things so I know he appreciates them.
~He has committed and initiated waking up at 6:15 in the morning to go jogging with me!

Please don't throw up, I will stop the mushy stuff! I just think we should remember to thank our loved ones for doing all the special little things that make us smile!

With that said, We had one of the best weekends we have had in a long time. On Saturday, we went to Apple Hill! We decided to take Abby girl. She needs the socialization and exercise. She was so good, BTW! Apple Hill is a tradition for many people in Northern Cali. Basically, it is hundreds of privately owned apple orchards. You can buy the best apples, eat yummy apple treats and they have a bunch of vendors with crafts and other fun stuff. We really enjoyed not having any time constraints and nowhere to be. On our way home, Chris asked what was for dinner. I told him that I had planned on making halibut with some grilled veggies and couscous, but I didn't really feel like it. Chris and I got crafty and decided to make fish tacos with the halibut. They were so good! Excellent really. Here's the recipe:

Serves 4~
2 halibut steaks
1 packet Simply Organic Fajita seasoning
8 corn tortillas
2 avocados
1 packet guacamole seasoning
lettuce
salsa
reduced fat sharp cheddar

Marinate the halibut in the fajita seasoning for about 30 minutes, turning the fish half way through. Place Halibut in foil and place on grill about 4 minutes on each side. Flake fish and serve with warm tortillas and toppings. Enjoy!

We were so impressed with how yummy these ended up being, not to mention quick and healthy! I just wanted to share our new finding!

The last thought I will leave you with: Why is it that the moment you say, "I Do", the world starts asking about babies? Please hear me out, I CANNOT wait to have babies, but I can. Make sense? If up to us, kids will come in about 3 years. And when that time comes, we will be the most ecstatic, giddy couple. Trust me!! I just think it is really funny that every time I have been the least bit nauseous, someone says, "Are you pregnant?". Yikes, don't scare me like that! It doesn't help that I keep having dreams about being prego.

Okay, last last thing, while writing this blog I have been listening to Colbi Caillat and I just LOVE her!!

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Here we are in Apple Hill
Abby was so worn out from such an exciting day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...