Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My First Mother's Day!

My first Mother's Day with our daughter was as lovely as they come! I am so thankful to have our family close and to have started traditions that will hopefully continue on for a long time!

The weekend began with The Race for the Cure with my Mom, and this year, Claire! Mom and I have been doing this 5k for about 5 years, which we run in celebration of my Grandma who is a breast cancer survivor. I think it's only appropriate that it falls on Mother's Day weekend and I hope that as the years go on, Claire will find it to be as special of an event as I have.


Sunday morning Chris was up early making breakfast and coffee and tending to Claire so that I could sleep in a bit. He was quite giddy for 7am and asked if I wanted to enjoy breakfast outside (something I would do every morning if he let me!), which is when he surprised me with new lounge chairs for our pool! They are the perfect additions to our backyard and a lovely place to kickback and enjoy our morning coffee together! A big thank you to our parents for going in on them, too!!

And just when I thought I had been spoiled enough, Chris and Claire had some other wonderful surprises peppered throughout the morning which included the insulated picnic cooler and zip-up picnic blanket I had been eying at Vera Bradley! I cannot wait to use them both on our next family picnic and park play dates (both activities we've been enjoying quite a bit lately)! I never cease to be amazed at my husband's thoughtfulness when it comes to gift-giving. 

We then joined our families for a beautiful brunch hosted by Chris' mom. All the moms in the extended family were invited along with their spouses and kids, which made for a good-sized get together! From sparkling mimosas to homemade cherry turnovers, everything was perfectly fit for a queen (or a very grateful mommy!). And best of all, I was able to celebrate with all of the lovely women in my life, including my mom and daughter, the two reasons that make the day so very special! 

After a wonderful afternoon nap and delicious dinner at my parents' house, we headed home. I couldn't have asked for better way to spend my first Mother's Day! It was simple and lovely and spent with my favorite people!








2 comments:

Msladij said...

I love you and the way you are with Chris and Claire but also I love how you love in general. You are a wonderful mommy!

Faith said...

Looks like a fabulous Mother's Day! Loving all the pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...