Friday, January 2, 2009

What a year! Bring on 2009!!

As we have rung in the new year, I am filled with excitement and wonder of the many new adventures and trials we will face this year, but I must admit I am a little sad to see 2008 in my rear view mirror. I would like to take a minute to reflect on the past year and share some particularly wonderful things that have happened.

1. Well, the biggest and obviously most exciting thing would be Chris and I getting MARRIED!! This, by far, was the highlight of our year! I would do every single moment of planning again (even the stressful parts!) I cannot imagine sharing my life with a more amazing man and having the most incredible wedding to remember!


2. Our Honeymoon! Ha, we would! Besides the actual day, and night, of our wedding, our honeymoon was the most wonderful week to take a breath and celebrate the huge commitment we had just made to each other. Plus, when else will we be care free enough to order room service almost every morning?!


3. Finding our apartment and making it our Home. This is something I have been dreaming about for years! Seriously, we have been so fortunate to find such a great apartment where we can have Abby. No matter how great the places are that we live in the future, we will never forget our first real Home!


4. Our trip to Chicago! Not only was this our first married trip, but such a cool opportunity for Chris to spend with my family. We had such a blast!


5. Our friends getting engaged and married! I absolutely adore weddings! What a blessing to take part in such a happy time with those we love! I can't wait to see what beautiful brides Emily, Stacey and Jessica make this year!


6. Learning to be frugal. While maybe not the most fun thing in the world, understanding the responsibility that comes with taking care of ourselves has been a really cool journey. Besides, we're Newlyweds, surely we can find things to do without spending money:)

7. He ups and downs that come with "real world" living. This past year, Chris and I have really learned what they don't teach you in school. We have had some real disappointments with jobs and some great victories. Thankfully, we can come out of the year saying, "We're in a good place".

8. Celebrating our first holiday season as a married couple! This was, hands down, our best Christmas together! Being able to start our own traditions as a family is such a wonderful thing!


9. Getting to know the intimate things about my husband. Don't worry, I won't get too personal, I just mean those things that you can only know about a spouse. Even though we dated for five years before getting married, there were things I didn't know until the last six months. I think that is pretty cool:)

10. So, this last thing actually happened at the beginning of the year but I feel is important to mention. My internship at Cooper. I could not have asked for a better internship. I took so much away from my time there and the experiences I was able to have. I am truly thankful to have worked with the Best!

Hopefully you too have had a year full of happy memories! Now I guess it's on to another year full of opportunity and I am excited! Every year I make goals for myself. This year my list is a pretty hefty one:) The biggest physical goal is to complete the Chicago Marathon!!! I can't wait to start training!

Wishing you a year full of fresh starts and new adventures! Bring it on 2009!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...