Friday, January 27, 2012

{Gluten-Free} Double-Chocolate Brownies

When you experiment in the kitchen, as I frequently do, you have your share of failed dishes. But then there are those times when you stumble upon perfection and friends, those make all the other failed attempts worth the hassle! Just yesterday I discovered a recipe that has me swooning!

I love a good brownie, but because of their outrageously high caloric and fat content, I keep my consumption of said treats to a very rare occasion. It's just the way it's got to be when you're trying to keep a clean diet! But I came across this gluten-free recipe and while I was skeptical about its minimal ingredients and lack of flour, butter and sugar, the raving reviews peaked my curiosity. And since I had all 7 ingredients on hand, I decided to give them a shot.



Holy goodness, the results were awesome! No, make that AWESOME!! They are rich and gooey and chocolatey and completely outofthisworld!

Don't be fooled, I am not claiming these are "healthy" and to eat the entire batch, but they are certainly a healthier alternative to the classic brownie. With ingredients like nut butter, natural sweetener and cocoa powder, they are certainly a worthy replacement for traditional baked goods. And because these are gluten free, they are a suitable treat for those with a wheat intolerance!


If you're looking for a decadent Valentines treat, these are just the ticket! 

Double Chocolate Brownies
Borrowed from A Home in the Making

Ingredients:

16 oz of almond butter, creamy or crunchy
2 eggs
1 cup honey or agave nectar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
5 ounces dark chocolate bar, chopped, or chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Mix almond butter, eggs, & honey. Mixers work better than a whisk. Add in cocoa powder, salt, & baking soda. Fold in chopped dark chocolate/chips. 
  3. Spread into a greased  9×13 pan.
  4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool before cutting.

images via

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Ohhh my... this just seriously looks yummy. I am soo happy too, because they have Trader Joe's out here as well as Whole Foods where I can get my fresh almond butter.. Looking forward to making these next week.. :) Thank you always for the amazing recipes!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...