Monday, January 9, 2012

{DIY} Headband Storage

Over these past eight weeks, Claire's collection of headbands has multiplied by leaps and bounds! It didn't take long for the basket I was storing them in to completely overflow. And when I could no longer see most of them, I decided it was time for some additional headband storage. Enter my little afternoon project.

I'm quite proud that the inspiration for this little solution was all my own, no Pinterest necessary! All it took was a piece of twine (which I already had), two drawer pulls ($1 at Michaels) and two packages of hot pink, glittered mini-clothes pins ($2.99 for 10 at Michaels). Granted, I could have saved a few bucks and glittered some clothes pins I already had, but I saved myself the time and the glitter mess (since, as we all know, glitter is the herpes of craft supplies!) which was totally worth the extra money!

All in all, I am really happy with the turnout! Three cheers for simple, inexpensive (and not to mention, cute) organization!



4 comments:

Missy said...

THANK YOU. i need one of these. and any ideas for storing headbands that are NOT the soft stretchy kind? lol those are a mess too lol

Unknown said...

Actually, yes! I keep seeing this on Pinterest. It's really cute and made out of a Quaker Oats box:)

http://pinterest.com/pin/274930752221740353/

Jocelyn said...

Great idea! Can I ask, how did you attach the drawer pulls to the wall? Thanks :)

Unknown said...

Hi Jocelyn! Thanks for stopping by! To attach the pulls, I screwed them into the wall and dabbed a bit of hot glue to the back of them so they would stay in place. They have held up really well so far!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...