Thursday, June 16, 2011

{BabyBump} Week 17


It's funny how being pregnant suddenly means that each week is a tiny milestone of sorts. For me, every Wednesday means we're another week closer to meeting our precious one this fall. Seventeen weeks and I still anticipate my weekly emails from BabyCenter and TheBump telling me what's new with baby!

In pregnancy events this week:

I felt the first "flutters" of baby kicking!! I was laying down getting my eyebrows waxed and at first couldn't tell if it was just gas bubbles, but after a few minutes of the soft patter in the same spot, I knew it was definitely my little munchkin! What an incredible feeling to know that he/she is active in there! Can't wait for those first major kicks that Chris can feel, too!

My husband started talking to my belly this week, since all the books say baby's ears are developing and they begin to recognize voices at this stage. It felt kind of silly, but I loved it!

We are less than two weeks away from finding out who this little one is! Thankfully, I've been so distracted with work and prepping to take a week off that the time flew right by! Before we know it, we'll be back from Seattle and finding out if baby is a boy or a girl. And then my friends, let the shopping begin!!

In a pleasant turn of events, I am back to drinking green smoothies regularly! Perhaps I forgot to mention that right after we found out we were expecting, I had a sudden aversion to anything and everything green (with the exception of avocados!). But happily, these last two weeks have left me craving them again! Good for me and baby!

Otherwise, I'm still feeling good, energetic and {ahem} slightly hormonal...

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Missy said...

hahaha i love it! i always wondered if it would feel like there is an alien growing in there lol.

this is so fun that you are sharing all about this! :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...