Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Seattle Eats

One of my favorite things about visiting Seattle (and Portland) was the incredible variety of food we got to enjoy! Call it luck or fabulous recommendations, but pretty much every meal we shared on our trip was fantastic! It couldn't hurt that I appreciate good food even more now that I'm pregnant...which is saying a lot!

Here's a quick glimpse at some of the delicious fare we enjoyed ~

Byways Cafe - located in the heart of Portland's Pearl District. There is nothing assuming about this tiny diner, but oh wow, do they know how to serve up a good breakfast! I would highly recommend the banana bread pancakes.


Huber's - apparently the oldest restaurant in Portland and full of charm. My husband ordered two of their signatures: the turkey dinner and Spanish coffee (which they light aflame tableside) and claimed that both were wonderful.



Little stand in Pike's Market - So sad I can't remember the name, but we went on the recommendation of a co-worker who used to live in the city and claimed they had the best clam chowder. We devoured shared a bowl of said chowder and a blackened halibut sandwich. Yum!


Le Panier - The "Very French Bakery" located across from Pike's Market and quite possibly one of the best chocolate croissants I have ever tasted!



Wild Ginger - By far the best meal we had all week, making me even more proud to tell you that I found this one on my own! We dined on The Buddha Rolls and potstickers, followed by a few items from their satay bar, the mongolian noodles and the seven flavor beef. And they even suprised us with the chocolate torte for our anniversary. We left in the most blissful food coma!


Top Pot Doughnuts - Seattle's original doughnut and a "must try" according to most people. While it was a nice splurge (being a closet doughnut lover who rarely ever allows myself this treat), I wouldn't call it the best doughnut I've ever had, but good nontheless:)


The Pink Door - This is where we celebrated 3 years of married bliss (and culinary bliss, no doubt!). Not exactly what I expected in terms of atmosphere, but so much better! We dined outside, just overlooking the water and enjoyed the kitchy, retro comfort of the outdoor patio area, which was complete with mismtched vintage tablecloths. Love! They have nightly entertainment, which happened to be live jazz on this particular night. Everything from the pesto lasagna to the strawberry rhubarb crumble were completely amazing!



Macrina Bakery - Great pastries and an amazing {decaf} latte!


The Harbour - "Best fish & chips on Bainbridge Island" or so we were told, so we decided to try it for ourselves. Not only were we pleased with their infamous fish & chips, but Chris also found his favorite beer of the trip!

Delancey -  What can I say really? Delancey is simplicity at it's finest, serving brick oven pizza and a few lovely appetizers. Since I've followed the blog Orangette for so long, I was dying to try the restaurant that her and her husband opened about two years ago and I would venture to say it was so worth the wait! We ordered the Hot Salami with Porcinin mushrooms and barely left a crumb on our plates. And might I suggest that if you still have some room to squeeze in dessert, please do yourself a favor and order the bittersweet chocolate chip cookie with gray sea salt. You can thank me later.



And there you have it, a glimpse at our week of indulgence! The only saving grace that kept us from gaining 5 pounds each last week was the sheer amount of walking we did! City living is like built-in weight management and we loved evey minute:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...