Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dessert Dilemma


This Saturday Chris and I are having dinner with some friends and I have volunteered to make dessert. A role I love and usually welcome with open arms. Though this week, as I've tried narrowing down an option, I find myself with bakers block! Quite an unusual dilemma for me, since I typically have several sweet recipes floating around my head just waiting to be used.

And so, I am in need of your help! Do you have any tried and true recipes? I am looking for something impressive but not too complicated and preferably incorporating seasonal fruit, even if just as a topping. Thoughts?

2 comments:

Life with the Ellwoods said...

This one involves no baking, is yummy, cool, and has fruit:

Graham cracker crust
Mix a tub of Cool Whip with 2 individual sized yogurt (flavor of your choice), spread in the crust, top with fruit, and stick in the freezer.

Blythe said...

I made a rhubarb stir cake!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Rhubarb-Stir-Cake/Detail.aspx

I just loved the way the rhubarb transforms in the oven. Even if you don't make it for your friend night, you should still try it!

(just fyi, in case you've never worked with rhubarb, it smells horrid fresh, but don't be afraid!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...