Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dinner Last Night: Inside-Out Turkey Sliders


I must say that while this dinner was amazing, the true star of the show was the mouth-watering Cotswold cheese I used! I suppose these sliders could be delicious with any great cheese, but I am a bit partial.

You see, the guy at the cheese counter was oh so convincing when he let me sample the delicate yet creamy Cheddar-like cheese, but I had no idea I would fall so hard for it! After polishing off almost a half pound block between the two of us during our picnic last weekend, I was determined to find an excuse to buy more! And indeed I did. It was the perfect compliment to these moist, mini burgers, especially when it came oozing out with the first bite! I beg you to trust me and try this cheese! It's got chives and onion delightfully disbursed throughout, without overpowering the flavor. I will definitely be making these again!

Inside-Out Turkey Sliders
recipe inspired by Clean Eating
1 lb turkey thigh meat or lean ground beef
salt and pepper to taste
8 oz Cotswold cheese (or whatever you prefer)cut into 1 oz cubes
8 whole grain mini hamburger buns or rolls
Romaine lettuce
sliced tomato
avocado
brown mustard

Preheat broiler and place oven rack about 6-7 inches from broiler. In a medium bown combine turkey or beef with salt and pepper. Divide into 8 equal parts and roll into rounds. One meatball at a time, create a hole in the center and place 1 cube of cheese in the center. Cover the cheese completely and form little patties. Place patties on a foil-lined broiler pan and place in oven about 7 minutes (until golden brown). Flip over and cook for an additional 6 minutes or until fully cooked through. Place on toasted buns and top with lettuce, tomato, mustard and a few slices of avocado. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Missy said...

omg cheese is my FAVORITE food everrrrrrr

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...