Thursday, September 23, 2010

Book Review: The Art of Racing in the Rain

Even with the little free time I have to read for fun, I finished this book in two days flat. I could not bring myself to put it down, meaning everytime Chris picked me up from work (remember we are carpooling right now), between clients, at lunch, before bed, I was reading this book. Aside from being a quick read (which I can definitely appreciate!), it was truly captivating!

You should know, it is written in the perspective of Enzo, the family dog. Sounds a tad unconventional, but it begs the question, "What do my dogs really think?" and "How much do they really understand about what's goin on?". If you are a dog person, you will find it hilarious, intriguing and maybe even a little embarrasing when you contemplate all your pets have seen (or heard) you do!

I would conclude that the story is a beautiful depiction of learning to rise above the countless challenges we face in life with humility and grace. I highly recommend!

image/2sistersblog

1 comment:

Missy said...

i've heard a lot about this book. i downloaded the preview on my nook the other day! now i am very excited to read it! i think hearing the dog's perspective is going to be reallly funny :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...