Thursday, September 30, 2010

Date Night


We've all seen The Office, right? Completely ridiculous, but all together hilarious! So when I saw Steve Carell and Tina Fey (the ever famous Sarah Palin mocker) paired in Date Night, my first impression was, "Decent comic relief, but not really interested." And so, I made no attempt to rush off to the theatres or even grab it at RedBox for that matter. But my opinion has changed since catching the flick this past weekend with my in-laws.

I must say, for two very goofy, comedic actors, they did an exceptional job with this movie. And I should add, it was not at all what I expected. It's a tale of a boring New Jersey couple stuck in the routine of life. But after discovering their friends are getting a divorce, not because of marital woes, but rather because they are nothing more than "great roomates" the couple decides to spice things up with a spontaneous date night in the city. But a mistaken case of identity leads them on a crazy chase throughout New York city. All the while they realize how much they appreciate their not so exciting life and in the end Carell says to his wife, "I would do it all again (meaning their life). I would choose you everytime." Super sweet ending!

Overall, a good amount of funny without being overdone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...