Monday, September 13, 2010

Book Review: My Life in France


This weekend I finished My Life in France, the memoirs of Julia Child and am truly mesmerized by the woman! Her love for all things French, her appreciation for truly amazing food and most of all, her genuine curiosity to learn everything about the wonderful world of cooking make her the lovable French chef we've all come to know and love.

As I read this telling story about Julia's life, I could almost hear her robust and infectious voice jumping off the pages. I would highly recommend this lovely read to anyone who has the faintest affection toward food! I'll leave you with a piece of advice from the master cook herself:

"Learn how to cook-try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!"

image/bookpage

2 comments:

Missy said...

sounds interesting! i will have to add it to my 'to read' list! :-) did she talk about working for the OSS? they touched on it briefly in "Julie & Julia"

Unknown said...

She talked about it more than it was mentioned in the movie. But it was really interesting how much she shared about her husbands work with the government!

I should also mention how inspiring I found her perseverance! Did you realize it took her like eight years before her cokbook was published? And then another eight or so for her second one to be published? Crazy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...