Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Autumn Oats


Happy September! We're officially just a few weeks away from Fall and my breakfast this morning represented the many reasons I love the season. Instead of my typical oatmeal with berries, I switched it up with some fresh, seasonal pear slices and cinnamon. An exquisite combo I might add and just what I needed to get me going this Wednesday morning!

*Cooks note-this pears very nicely with a tall nonfat PUMPKIN SPICE latte! Yep, they're back!!

Oatmeal with Pears and Cinnamon

1/2 cup oats (not instant)
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup light vanilla soymillk
1/2 sliced pear
1 tbsp sliced almonds
dash cinnamon
2 tsp agave nectar (optional)

Heat water over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil. Add oatmeal and cook about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked through. Add soymilk, sliced pear, almonds and sprinkle with cinnamon. For a bit of added sweetness, add 2 tsp agave nectar. Enjoy!

image/fitness

3 comments:

Missy said...

yum! i just bought some canned pears the other day and put them in my oatmeal for the first time. it was so good.

Unknown said...

I totally got the idea from your comment the other day:) Brilliant!

Missy said...

hahaha i totally forgot about that comment. blonde moment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...