Friday, December 17, 2010

Gram is Coming to Town!

Happy Friday! Excitement has consumed me today because:

1) Christmas is in one week from tomorrow and there are so many fun, festive activities going on!!
2) I only work two out of five days next week!
3) My grandma is coming to town Sunday and staying through Christmas!! It should be so fun to have her and my aunt here for the holiday-since I haven't spent Christmas with them since I was about 7? Honestly, besides all the fun things that come with having my Gram in town, I'm also hoping to pick her brain a bit with sewing knowledge-she's seriously so amazing at it!


While the weekend itself holds our annual baking extravaganza, the tea party held every year in memory of Chris' granny and movie/dessert night at the Van Unen's! So much fun to be had!

And in the spirit of Christmas cheer, I wanted to share some of my favorite ornaments this year:

Every year we get a new ornament and I felt this year it was appropriate to recognize the Giants Worls Series victory as well as the addition of our new pup!

My parents brought this moose back from their Alaskan cruise earlier this year. Isn't he a cutie?

My ballet slippers are a contender for my all-time favorite ornament. Lots of sentiment in them!

This is one of my husband's childhood ornaments-Go Ninja Turtles!!

And a gift from our moms 2 years ago-The perfect depiction of us:) Love them!



Have a merry and bright kind of weekend!

1 comment:

Missy said...

those are so cute! that is such a good idea to get an ornament together every year. i'll have to adopt that tradition when robbie and i get married! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...