Friday, December 3, 2010

Nesting

by Ame Mahler Beanland & Emily Miles Terry

Last night I decided to do some reading before bed and picked up this little read. I purchased it on a whim at Goodwill several months ago-it was one of those "I'm at the checkout stand but this looks cute" buys. And I am very glad I did, because even though it's taken me a while to finally skim its pages, it was well worth the $1 I paid!

It's pages are beaming with real, honest-to-goodness advice about nesting and making your home an inviting haven for loved ones. I already love it and I'm only on part 2!

Being a new homeowner and wanting desperately to make my home feel just as cozy and inviting as our little apartment was, I am struggling with enjoying the process of "putting together". But last night I had a moment of calm, reminding myself that the process is never really ending and the journey is the fun part! Below is a little tidbit from the book that I really loved:

"Interesting houses, like interesting people, evolve, so take your time and enjoy the process. Keep building your room off the special things you've chosen, the palette you've established, and the personal style you're developing. Never try to do a whole house at once. And remember that in decorating, as in life, the rules are meant to be broken."

So there it is, my new motto:) I have given up any anxiety I may have had over not knowing what I want to do with several rooms in my house and instead, will enjoy the process of feathering our new nest!

image/via

2 comments:

lisarasher said...

Love, love, love your blogs as always! You're so creative your house is going to be amazing :)

Missy said...

this is so cute! what a great idea for a housewarming gift! thanks for sharing :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...