Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Winter Blues


You may or may not know that winter is my least favorite season. Even though it's not technically winter yet, I think I may be suffering from a mild case of the winter blues. So I've been trying to find ways to cheer myself up by remembering why this season is so great. Here's what I came up with:

*making lots of yummy {and healthy} crock pot meals
*listening to happy Christmas music
*working on fun, cozy projects like sewing and decorating
*sipping hot cocoa in my pretty new mug
*watching holiday faves like Elf and It's a Wonderful Life
*lighting my favorite scented candles
*catching up on funny episodes of The Office

For the most part it's working, but I am still very much longing for the long and lovely days of Spring!

What about you-any suggestions to brighten this gloomy season?


image/via

2 comments:

Rhe Christine said...

I love Winter, I enjoy the snow...I think I'm enjoying it because it something that I didn't experience as a kid and I love that my kids get to. but I love snuggly weather and sweaters, and hot chocolate, Christmas and Christmas movies, reading a book. Sometimes the kids get stir crazy so we go for drives. Day drives are fun.

Missy said...

i agree...winter is a bummer. that's why i moved! lol.

one thing that i really liked doing during the winter in DC/Michigan was sitting by a cozy fire curled up with a book. i had a fireplace in my last apartment in DC that i loved and used almost every day during the winter time. in michigan i had a favorite starbucks that i went to to study that had a fireplace!

also don't forget all the fun winter fashion you can wear - cozy sweaters and cute boots, hats, scarves, mittens...!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...