Friday, December 17, 2010

Comfort in Familiarity


I know I've been seriously slacking in the recipe department these past weeks, but have some patience as moving and the holidays have me cooking tried-and-true meals rather than experimenting as much as usual.

I promise that with the new year I will have plenty to share in the way of recipes. But for now, I wanted to share {again} my favorite granola recipe that comes from my lovely friend Lael. It has been a great comfort of familiarity these past weeks and never gets old in my book!

Blessings Granola
Makes 4 cups

Combine:
¼ c. honey or agave nectar
¼ c. canola oil
2 T. orange juice
2 T. brown sugar (I consider this optional-it increases the sweetness and chewiness only slightly)
¼ t. vanilla

Separately mix:
½ c. pecans
1 ½ c. rolled oats
¼ c. slivered almonds
¼ c. pumpkin seeds

Mix both together. Thinly spread onto rimmed baking sheet. Bake until toasted in 325°oven.

Remove from oven. Stir in:
¼ c. coconut flakes
¼ c. golden raisins
7 dried apricots, chopped
¼ c. dried cranberries

Let cool before transferring to storage jar or container.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...