Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Greek Fever

If there was one thing I could change about my husband's taste, it would be this: that he liked shrimp...and feta. Two things I love and he happens to hate! (I know, I know, my life is so tough :)

It's for this reason that I rarely make one of my favorite Cooking Light dishes. But because I adore him exactly the way he is, I concede and only make this particular meal when a) He won't be home for dinner, or b) I also make something else that only he likes (ie: Polska Kielbasa...ick!).

And as you have probably figured out, I recently had one of the above case scenarios because I was able to whip up said dinner and decided it was a must share. You might even love it as much as I do and consequently make it more often than I find myself doing...in which case you should invite me over and we can love on it together;)

Without further ado, I give you, Greek-Style Scampi ~


Greek-Style Scampi
 Recipe from Cooking Light
serves 6

1 tsp olive oil
5 garlic cloves, minced
3 cans whole tomatoes (no salt added), drained and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
1 1/4 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add minced garlic and saute 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and 1/4 cup parsley; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add shrimp; cook for 5 minutes. Pour mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish and sprinkle with feta cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup parsley, lemon juice and parsley.
Serve alone or over some whole wheat pasta. I happen to love it over some angel hair!

1 comment:

Blythe said...

I love shrimp too, but SmithCale is allergic. So I really can't hold it against him! He is a feta lover though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...