Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Next Up: Master Closet Redo

Now that the nursery is complete (post coming tomorrow!), we can finally refocus our efforts on the project we started back in March-the master bedroom!! While we were able to get a good chunk completed, there is still some work to be done. And our first major task at hand: doing a total overhaul on our closet(s). Because the truth is, we have a ton of closet space, but it's not the most functional and that drives us both insane!

The goal: To maximize our space and avoid the need for a dresser

I suppose I should show you what we are working with first. But be warned, it's not pretty and I am embarrassed to say that this is what we see when we're in bed...romantic, I know. Obviously we would like to change that to create a calm, relaxing atmosphere.



How's that for keepin' it real?! As you can see, we've got our work cut out for us! We've got smashed clothes, bowing brackets, piles of who knows what-basically, in need of some serious TLC. Here's how we're breaking down this project:

1. Sort through our clothes and make a trip to Goodwill (maybe I should also mention that half of the guest room closet is full of Chris' clothes)

2. Draw up a blueprint

3. Build/install closet organizer

4. Fashion pretty closet coverings (since one of the very first things we did upon moving in was rip out the unsightly closet doors). I'm hoping to add drape-like covering that create a flowy and romantic feel to the room.

Since we have plenty of other things going on, we're giving ourselves the entire month to complete this project. I'll do my best to post updates of our progress!

2 comments:

Missy said...

oh my gosh - i have to admit that organizing closets is one of my downfalls. lol. i actually just went through every single closet, shelf, cupboard, drawer etc. in my apartment and gave away between 15-20 garbage bags of stuff to the goodwill! it was so awesome. needless to say, hormones + impending move in december = missy getting rid of a lot of crap!

organization is one of my favorite things ever - i can't wait to see your results! and the coverings!

also, i read once that organizing things by color actually makes everything look even mooooooore organized, which i tried with my bookshelf, shoes, and closets - it looks totally awesome!

wow i got really excited about this post! LOL

Unknown said...

I love the idea of sorting clothes by color!!! You just might see that when I'm done with this little project:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...