Monday, July 26, 2010

A Balancing Act


If I'm being really honest, sometimes when I share about my "splurges", I get scared of being judged. Being someone who makes a living teaching people to live healthier lives, I fear you may think I don't practice what I preach. But believe me, it is of utmost importance that I am doing the very things I encourage others to do, which also means occasionally enjoying not-so-clean foods!

So I can't tell you how happy and relieved I was to read this today. Tosca Reno, the queen of clean eating, Oxgen's fabulous fifties colomnist and one of my biggest fitness inspirations, shares about taking a break from CE while in Paris for a few days! Seriously, she does that too?! Thank you Tosca, for being honest and such an incredible model of health and balance!

image/via

3 comments:

Kristin Wood said...

I think being honest about what you eat probably makes it a lot easier for your clients to be honest with you! If I were training/meal planning with someone who denied ever eating sweets, it would probably make me feel a *lot* worse (in a "if they can do it, why can't i? guess I must be inferior" kinda way). I think it's awesome that you can sometimes not eat perfect meals and still be healthy and in good shape -- it makes good health seem like an achievable goal, and not like an impossible mountain to climb.

Missy said...

i agree with kristin...healthy living seems like a more attainable goal when you know every now and again you can still have treats. :-) if someone told me i could never indulge again i'd probably throw in the towel right there...and say this fitness program is not for me!

Unknown said...

Thank you for these wonderful comments! I definitely agree that being honest with people is the best way to go, especially because it does make it easier to relate. It will never help somebody if they think a plan is unrealistic. Thanks again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...