Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ouch!

Hello lovelies! How was your weekend?

We had a blast at our photos session with Sarah! Though I am literally chomping at the bit to see the finished product! And don't get me started on the amazing halibut tacos we had at my parents house. My Dad caught the halibut on their Alaskan cruise, so it was basically out-of-this-world! So yes, the weekend was pretty wonderful...



And then I woke up Monday morning...

and noticed the side of Max's face was smeared with blood! It would be an understatement to say I was freaked, especially because I couldn't tell exactly what was causing it. Although it helped that he seemed perefectly normal, no pain or whining whatsoever. So I called our vet and asked if I could switch our routine appointment from Friday up to that morning and casually threw in that he had a wound I would like them to look at (I was trying to avoid any extra fee for an emergency visit!). Luckily we got in within the hour and it became apparent, once the blood was wiped off, that he had a deep cut on the top of his snout.

We're pretty sure it was from Abby the night before. They had gotten into a little scuffle while playing a little too rough the night before, but it wasn't evident he was hurt until the next day. (I swear they love each other! )

Thankfully our little guy is okay, after some cleaning up, a little shave around the wound area and some antibiotics to avoid an infection. Look at that sweet face!

Unfortunately for him, we can't seem to keep him from scratching the wound. So it's come down to this...

The cone of shame! Is it awful that we laughed at him?

So my day off wasn't exactly the relaxing day I had planned, but thank goodness our little guy is doing just fine! Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha...I laughed so don't feel bad! I'm at work and I laughed OUT LOUD! :)

Missy said...

hahahaha too funny. those cones are hilarious!

your doggies are so cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...