Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Winning Combo

Ever wonder how to fuel your body after a great sweat session? Allow me to take the guessing away because I've got a delicious solution packed with good-for-you ingredients that is sure to restore those muscles and put some pep in your step!

Each month I expectantly wait on my Oxygen magazine to arrive and almost immediately flip to the shake of the month for some new smoothie inspiration. This month's may be my favorite yet! Behold, this simple 5 ingredient creation~


Peach-Ginger Recharger
Recipe courtesy of Oxygen

1 peach, pitted and chopped
1 1/2 tsp grated fresh gingerroot
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
ice cubes

Place all ingredients in blender and blend thoroughly. Makes 1 serving.

Good to know: Buttermilk has probiotic qualities, which help aid in digestion, nutrient absorption and also increase your body's defense against disease.

2 comments:

Missy said...

shake of the month! awesome! sounds yummy :-)

i didn't know that about buttermilk. every time I think about buttermilk it reminds me of Wilbur getting a buttermilk bath in Charlotte's Web. LOL.

Unknown said...

I was super skeptical when I first heard that about buttermilk because just the name sounds gross:) But I have read great things about it (the low-fat version at least).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...