Friday, October 15, 2010

Planning it Out

Woot! As we got home last night our Farm Fresh to You box was graciously sitting at our doorstep, bursting with delicious produce! I think I got a little too excited about the green beans (one of my favorite veggies) and was pleasantly suprised to find Kale among our goods (another fave of mine!). Which also gives me a chance to try out kale chips this week. Ever since my friend Blythe raved about how delish they were, I can't seem to get it off my mind! And of course, my husband was pretty stoked about the oranges. Oh, the simple things in life!

Here's everything we got and how I plan on incorporating this delicious fare into our menu next week.

The Goods

2 Valencia oranges
2 Fuji apples
1.5 lbs green beans
1 bunch Kale
1 bunch Spinach
1 bunch celery
1 head baby lettuce
2 large heirloom tomatoes
cilantro

Plan of Action

Sunday: Mom's enchiladas
Monday: Salsa chicken salad with fresh guacamole
Tuesday: Lemon pepper grilled chicken, sauteed green beans, brown rice
Wednesday: Bean and grain soup, big spinach salad
Thursday: Brie, Apple and Arugula quesadillas (we will be substituting for gouda, hubby's fave!)
Friday: Turkey burgers and kale chips

image/myrecipes

2 comments:

Missy said...

sounds awesome! green beans are also my favorite...i just bought a ton at the farmer's market the other day. frozen and canned green beans can't even hold a candle to fresh ones!

Unknown said...

Agreed! Growing up I thought I hated green beans because all I had ever had was canned-gross!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...