Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's Not Said Enough...

{Roasted baby carrots}

I love my family and I love a good, home cooked meal! And the two are only enhanced when combined. I sometimes think I take for granted how lucky Chris and I are to have our parents so close. Because not only are they close in distance, but they are friends, making get-togethers with both sets of parents frequent and wonderful!

Last night was not out of the ordinary by any means, but I was reminded of what an incredible blessing we have in our family.

The five of us {my dad is currently out of town} enjoyed grilled steaks, accompanied by our favorite, roasted baby carrots. And for dessert, fresh pineapple and strawberries. Simple yet amazing. Afterwards we all migrated to my living room where we ended up playing each other at Words with Friends on our various iphones...

Which brings me to my favorite thing about my family-we can enjoy each others company in the simplest of ways and you can bet we are always laughing!

So thank you, family, for being so stinkin' wonderful! I love you to pieces!

1 comment:

Msladij said...

On the way home your mom and I both almost at the exact same time said something like "We have great kids" It is true... we do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...