Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Love

Happy Valentine's day you all of you! What a lovely weekend I had! My hubby surprised me with a wonderful date Saturday. I was served breakfast in bed and then taken to one of our new favorite wineries to picnic and delight in the sunshine! It was absolutely perfect! Of course, today marks the end of several weeks of warm temps we've had here in Cali, so we had to soak it up!

Sunday evening we had some friends over for dinner and I'm excited to share with you my little Valentine themed tablescape! I love a pretty table and I love free, so this was a beautiful combination of the two as all the elements were pulled from what I already had (my favorite thing to do!) with the exception of the flowers in the center. {Love!}

I first grabbed a long piece of burlap (leftover from Christmas) and used it as a runner for my table, thanks to this inspiration.

Then I trimmed these lilies from last week and split them between two square vases from Pottery Barn. Then using this hurricane from Ikea as the centerpiece, I added more color by filling it with a bunch of carnations (not generally my fave, but they give you a good bang for your buck, especially on Valentine's weekend!).

Using some twine, I tied each place setting together and added a stamped "love" note on each setting.

To finish it off I added a few small bowls and tealight holders for that extra pop of color along with some candle light (neccessary I think!).

And finally, I found those heart shaped mints in my pantry, which pulled together the whole love theme!
And there you have it, my $12 Valentine tablescape! I hope you had a delightful weekend and an even more marvelous Valentine's day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...