Monday, March 7, 2011

A Blooming Surprise

While the overall landscaping of our house needs some serious TLC, it's pretty evident that someone, at some point, really loved this house. I say that because little surprises keep popping up all over the place. The most recent find has got me all sorts of giddy!

This weekend (before all the rain came in), we spent some time planting several Spring bulbs as well as replanting some other previously potted plants. Here's a picture of what it looks like after taking out a large, unsightly bush and planting our gardenia and hydrangea. Keep in mind this is after it rained loads, before we moved the huge pile of green waste and that there is still much to do...

See that gigantic plant in the corner? We had no idea what it was and actually talked about replacing it with something else. That is until my Mom, in all of her gardening wisdom, suggested that it looked like a camelia.

So we left it alone and patiently waited for it to bloom. Well cripes, I am just head-over-heels with what I just discovered about our front yard friend this weekend! It is indeed a camelia with these hot pink blooms!

I am ecstatic to have another beautiful choice of fresh flowers from my own yard. Imagine how much money I'm going to save on blooms this year! While it still has plenty of time to show its beautiful self, I was able to cut off two vases worth!



So I would like to say thank you previous homeowner, whoever you are, for leaving us this pretty little surprise!

1 comment:

Missy said...

how pretty! :) that happened to me in VA - what i thought was a weed in a random crack in my balcony turned out to be a pretty yellow flower :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...