Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Twist on Tuna

I've drawn so much inspiration from my new cookbook by Ellie Krieger-I know, I know, I've already said that. But she has some great, simple ideas to spruce up lunches, which I tend to get in a rut over quite often! What can I say, it's my least favorite meal of the day. So I was more than willing to try her take on a tuna sandwich when I looked over the list of somewhat untraditional ingredients. But you must already now that it was a success, otherwise why would I be sharing it?

If you struggle with fresh, new lunch ideas like I do, give this sandwich a shot. You just might be surprised at how well the flavors go together!

A New Twist on Tuna
Inspired by Ellie Krieger's, So Easy

1 can tuna packed in water
1/4 diced green apple
1/2 chopped celery stalk
2 Tbsp chopped dried cherries
1 Tbsp plain non-fat Greek yogurt
Touch of mayo (if you like)
Splash of fresh lemon juice
Hint of Dijon mustard
freshly ground pepper

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...