Friday, March 25, 2011

The Perfect Compromise?


I briefly alluded yesterday to the ongoing difference of opinion my husband and I have had about fan vs. no fan in the bedroom. To me it just seems to take away some of the romantic whimsy, though I understand the practical matter at hand when it comes to a ceiling fan. After all, our room is west facing and can get pretty hot in the warmer months. But I remain optimistic that we can come to a compromise (or that my husband will suddenly realize he too wants to ditch the fan...).

So you can imagine how intrigued I was when I stumbled on this lovely blog and her DIY  "fandelier". At first I laughed and then I realized this may be the perfect solution (that is, if I must keep a ceiling fan). And it doesn't hurt that I've been lusting after this exact capiz chandy at Cost Plus. Meant to be? Maybe!

Check out how she did it on House Tweeking and while you're there, swing by her house tour-I'm drooling over here. And don't get me started on that DIY headboard!

What do you think? Reasonable compromise?

image/via

2 comments:

Life with the Ellwoods said...

Too cute!

Rhe Christine said...

i have to say, if this isn't whimsy, i'm not sure what else is! great compromise!!! and having something like this is way more romantic then a standing fan ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...