Thursday, March 3, 2011

Kickin' Sweets to the Curb


Well peeps, I have temporarily kicked sweets to the curb...again. (remember this, this and this?) It's good, really. It gives me a chance to re-focus my clean eating efforts and purge the indulgences for a bit. But it almost feels like cheating when I have guiltless pleasures like the Jocalat bars around! I've been loving on Larabars for a long time (more on that here), but until last week, I had never tried the Jocalat line. Where have I been?

There is something very liberating about eating something so pure that still tastes so sinful. Almost like I've beaten that nasty little sweet tooth:)

From my recent experience I can tell you, the chocolate hazelnut is good, the chocolate coffee is okay, but the chocolate mint is outofthisworld fantastic! Like eating a mint brownie!

But just in case you look at the nutrition facts and think you would rather have an actual mint brownie, hear this: yes, there are 20 grams of sugar in this bar. However, the ingredient list is this: dates, almonds, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa powder, vanilla and peppermint extract-that's it! No added sugars or preservatives, just good ol' wholesome foods. So the sugar is coming from fruit, ya know, the natural kind. Plus you've got all the beneficial healthy fats, fiber, protein and vitamins in there. Thanks larabar, for giving my sweet tooth a healthy fix!

Happy snacking!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...