Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mom's Day as a Mom-to-Be

Now that my big secret is out, lets talk about Mother's Day!

As I shared Friday, my mom and I did the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Saturday morning, followed by breakfast and pedicures. It was a lovely, relaxing day just hanging out with my mom. Sunday was an equally restful day, ending with a perfect dinner of fish tacos at my parent's house!


Dessert!

But I have to tell you, I was totally surprised by my husband and parents! Because beyond the super thoughtful texts and calls I got Sunday morning wishing me a "Happy 1st Mother's Day", I certainly wasn't expecting gifts! But once again, they exceeded all expectations and made me feel so special!

Early Sunday afternoon I was surprised by my Mom and Dad at my front door, with all the makings for a new lovely arrangement for our front door! For as long as I can remember, I have loved the Asparagus Fern my mom has on her porch, so she cut hers in half and replanted it for me, in addition to these gorgeous lillies and greens! Isn't it awesome?! I love how large that pot is! It definitely says, "Welcome to our home!" :) 


And then my sweet husband came home with the exact patio umbrella I've been eyeing for weeks (make that months!) for our back yard! He said it would serve as motivation for us to get the rest of our soon-to-be outdoor oasis completed! That man sure does know how to romance this girl:)

Thank you to my family who made this the best "1st Mother's Day" ever! This baby is definitely loved!!

1 comment:

Lael Meidal said...

Darling Kate, not only is your baby getting some great grandparents and a wonderful daddy, but you are going to be an amazing mother! You are so gifted to pour out joy and love and health, inwardly and out. I am so excited for your growing family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...