Friday, July 15, 2011

{BabyBump} Week 21


At 21 weeks pregnant, I'm pretty sure I have become one of those annoyingly optimistic woman who can't help but proclaim that I LOVE being pregnant!! Truth is, I know I've been extremely lucky and I know I still have roughly 19 weeks to go and several more pounds to gain before I start to feel uncomfortable, but up to this point I feel wonderful, healthy and energetic! Of course, I am not forgetting the spontaneous sob fests my poor husband has to endure every once in a while, but overall, pregnancy has been kind to me.

However, because these past five months have gone so easily, I have not been without my share of worries. Up until a few weeks ago, I found myself very anxious that I might feel too good. Was something wrong with me or the baby? Shouldn't I be feeling different? Sick? Something??

And then, our sweet girl started kicking regularly and suddenly, the anxious thoughts became less and less. I finally have tangible evidence that she's there-alive and kicking (literally!). And this past week her little acrobatic movements became so pronounced that most of the time I can see my belly move as she kicks! Of course, just like her daddy, she is most active and alert at night, making it hard for me to get a full-nights sleep since we are both completely fascinated with feeling/seeing her wiggle around in my belly! Though, I wouldn't have it any other way!

It should be said that Chris and I don't for a second take for granted how smooth my pregnancy has been! We are so thankful for a healthy baby and continue to pray that God would bless this little one as she grows and prepare us for her arrival in a few short months!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...