Friday, July 29, 2011

{BabyBump} Week 23


Up to this point, I've felt completely cool and collected about everything we need to do before baby arrives. And then suddenly, it's like this silent alarm went off inside me and 23 weeks feels like we're almost there! Obviously we're not quite almost there, but with less than 4 weeks left of my second trimester, I'm worried my energy might start waning soon! So to compensate, I've upped the ante on our to-do list...

Which brings me to the one project completely consuming us-the NURSERY! It's coming along beautifully, with fresh paint, new baseboards, the large items purchased and a complete inspiration board together! My goal is to have it completely done by the end of August, which should give us plenty of time to refinish the beautiful antique dresser we just bought, find and install the perfect light fixture, attempt to make a crib skirt and put the finishing touches on it before our Sweet Pea arrives! And hopefully, once the nursery is complete, we'll still have time to finish up some other home projects before she gets here (fingers crossed!).

All-in-all, I'm still feeling fantastic, aside from the occasional leg cramps and swelling when I've been on my feet too much. And probably the weirdest pregnancy change yet, I can now feel where my abs have split, and it's strange to say the least! I knew it would happen, but to actually feel where my muscles are separating  is a whole new level of crazy. Sheesh-you gotta love how the body adapts to growing a baby!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...