Thursday, July 7, 2011

One for the Road


Sweet friends, I have not forgotten my promise to share with you the pasta salad recipe from our road trip! In all honesty, I'm glad to share because I was afraid I might forget if I didn't write it down somewhere (that pregnancy brain will get ya when you least expect it!). Next time I make this, I will probably tweek this recipe a bit, though it is delicious as is. The reason is that I simply used what I had on hand. But I suspect a little bit of pesto would be a lovely addition!

Note: this makes quite a large batch, which would be perfect for a large summer gathering!

This pasta salad was based off of this delightful variation from my friend, Blythe.

Road Trip Pasta Salad

1 cup orzo (whole wheat if possible)
2 oz. peppered salami, chopped
1 1/2 oz. colby jack cheese, cubed
1/4 cup peperoncinis, roughly chopped
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

1. Cook orzo according to package
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

1 comment:

Missy said...

ooh sounds very yummy!! i love orzo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...