Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nesting and Boppy Covers

Call it nesting to the tenth degree, but I spent last weekend purging, organizing and completely cleaning out our guest/craft room! All for the sake of having a clean room to complete the bazillion sewing projects I currently have on my list of things to make. With the insane amount of energy I've encountered lately, I figure I'll take advantage while it's here!

My first project was sewing my own Boppy cover. Since all the covers I was finding seemed crazy overpriced ($40-50 each!), I decided that making them myself was the route I wanted to take. Plus, I could customize with a fabric I loved!

With a little advice from my friend Taryn, who also went the DIY route, I was off to Joann's! And in a few short hours, I ended up with this:




Ahh, I LOVE this pretty combo of celery, blush and coral! It's so girly and chic!

 So glad I decided to make my own because not only was this a really simple project, but I saved a lot of money since I was armed with a few 40% off coupons for Joann's, which I constantly get in the mail!

p.s. - wouldn't these make a wonderful baby shower gift?!

For anyone interested in making your own Boppy cover, I used the Simplicity pattern 4225.

Here's the breakdown of what this little project cost me:

Nurture Nest Pillow insert: $17
3 yards of fabric: $18 (enough for 2 covers)
Piping: $5
3' velcro strip $.50
Total cost: $40.50

Next on my list: a nursing cover and burp cloths!

3 comments:

Rhe Christine said...

this needs to go on your etsy site! and note to self...i really need to start sewing...sigh. I bet you could make your own ring sling too. I loved my ring sling when ami was little little...loved it!!!

Melissa Craig McRae said...

I just want to say that I Love reading your blogs! Your crafting skills are amazing!

Missy said...

how cute! great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...