Tuesday, July 26, 2011

For Modesty's Sake

I am a full-fledged believer in breastfeeding. So much in fact, my freshman year of college I did a persuasive speech on why breastfeeding is so beneficial for my Communications final...And because of this fact, I have absolutely no problem with a woman nursing in public.

However, I totally understand and respect that breastfeeding is not for everyone and that it's a very personal choice. So, with respect to those who do not wish to see me nursing my baby, and for modesty's sake, I whipped up a few fantastically cute nursing covers (like these and these)!

I've seen them in several stores and drooled over a few lovely patterns, but once again my frugal side kicks in and I can't help but pull a, " I could totally make that!" when I see the $40-$50 price tag. Naturally, making them myself was my chosen alternative. And get this, I made both for only $18!!


After browsing a few patterns, I settled on this tutorial I found over at made by mama monster for her detailed and simple instructions and the fact that she included the wired top so I can see baby while she's nursing. I just love how they turned out! A full report on their usefulness after baby arrives:)

2 comments:

Missy said...

how cute! you really are cranking out the sewing projects lately! go you! :-D

did you hear about the breastfeeding doll that everyone is freaking out about!? LOL
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,537261,00.html

Unknown said...

Haha-thanks! Yeah, I've been a little crazy with the sewing:)

Wow, I hadn't heard about that doll...definitely an interesting (and weird) concept for little girls.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...