Tuesday, July 19, 2011

One Frame, Two Ways

This little project started with an all too familiar trip to Goodwill a few months back. I was browsing the housewares when I spotted two hideous brass frames filled with two even more hideous prints. They were deplorable to say the least, but since the frames themselves were quite unique, I was sure they could be salvaged for something a little less, well, hideous! Especially since they were marked down 50% . 

Sadly, within a few weeks of purchasing them we bought our house and into the spare closet they went, completely forgotten about. Until a few weeks ago that is, when all things buried in the depths of the closet were discovered. It was then I knew exactly how I wanted to re-purpose them. I must thank my mom for convincing me not to put them back when I started second guessing my purchase!

So without further ado, I give you, my new earring holder and Baby Girl's hair pretty holder! I am beside myself giddy that one simple purchase was able to fulfill two crafts I've been dying to make!

{Of course, until Baby Girl gets her own hair pretties, mine will be proudly displayed}


And this couldn't have been simpler to put together! All you need to do this yourself is:

1 frame, any shape and size
1 can spray paint
Depending on the size frame, about 1-2 yards of pretty ribbon/lace
Hot glue gun

After gently popping out the glass and picture, I (actually, Chris) gave each frame a few even coats of white spray paint and waited 24 hours for them to dry. After picking out just the right ribbon and lace, I simply hot glued strips to the back of the frame, making sure each strip was pulled taut so there was no sag. After a few minutes, you're ready to load em' up!


Don't you love discovering treasure in your own mess?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...