Thursday, November 12, 2009

All In Good Health

It's been a while since I've posted one of these! But I simply had to pass on a great find that has got me giddy as can be!

I frequently talk about Clean Eating magazine, but what you may not know is how it all started. Tosca Reno, one of the colomnists for Oxygen magazine and a woman who overcame a huge battle of unhealthy behaviors at forty years old, wrote the book, The Eat Clean Diet. And along with that came the Cookbook and many other fantastic companions. I lived by this book when I first got it and it is still a constant reference. I just can't say enough good things about it! While reading my last issue of Oxygen, I came across an add for Tosca's new and enhanced version of The Eat Clean Cookbook and I am beside myself with excitment!! It has to be almost twice the size and full of new recipes. So, if you have not yet explored the world of Clean Eating, I would highly recommend you check this out! You won't be disapponted!

Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook: Delicious Recipes That Will Burn Fat and Re-Shape Your Body!


And on that note, I want to divulge the super simple soup I made last night.


Italian Wedding Soup
1 (15-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes with garlic, oregano and basil
6 cups vegetable broth
4 ounces pasta (fusilli, elbow or whatever you have on hand and preferably whole wheat)
1 (16-ounce) package chicken meatballs (I used Whole Foods, Brat Hans Gourmet Chicken Meatballs - Aged Parmesan & Fennel)
3 cups fresh organic spinach, roughly chopped
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
Sea salt and ground black pepper
2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

Bring the tomatoes and broth to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Simmer 10 minutes. Cook meatballs as instructed. Add pasta, spinach and Italian seasoning and cook until the pasta is tender, about 8 minutes. Add meatballs. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and serve. Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired.


Like I said, super simple and also super tasty!

Wishing you good health always!

1 comment:

Missy said...

that soup looks yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...