Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cryin' Over Spilled Chocolate Milk

Sometimes in my hurriedness, practicality takes a backseat to, what seems at the time, a quicker, more efficient way. This was the case this morning and I most definitely paid for it!


I found myself a bit more rushed than usual today. Mainly because I made a last minute hair appointment for this evening. Typically, I would schedule it right after work, but the late nature of my scheduling called for a 5:30 appointment. Not really a big deal as I planned on working out during the 2 hour gap between work and my appointment. What I failed to think about until this morning was getting my gym bag together since I would be going to the gym near my office. So this morning, while gathering my clothes and toiletries I realized I didn't have many options for a post-workout snack. As a last resort I poured a glass of skim chocolate milk (a great post run drink, btw!) in my travel cup and packed it, mildly unsecure, in my lunch bag.

And to demonstrate how uncharacteristically unprepared I am this week, we ran out of coffee yesterday. Totally unlike me to run out of something so basic and neccessary in the middle of the week! Anyway, that meant I needed to leave a few minutes earlier to stop for coffee.

With my hands very full, I walk out to my car, thinking that somehow getting in on the drivers side with all my stuff (big purse, lunch bag, gym bag, Starbucks cup full of water, sweater, keys in hand...) would be fine...until my gym bag got stuck on the steering wheel and I started to feel a cool sensation soaking through my jeans! I realized my lunch bag was tipped over and chocolate milk was spilling all over me and the rest of my things!

At this point I am so mad at myself for not taking the extra second to go to the passenger side and load my stuff because now I am running inside to change my clothes, making me even more late! Grr!

Needless to stay, I had a rough start to my morning. But within five minutes I was laughing at myself thinking, another lesson learned!

On another note, last night I fought my ever building urge to watch White Christmas and instead watched the next best thing, an Audrey Hepburn movie! Breakfast at Tiffany's just never gets old!

Holly Golightly, in reference to getting the "mean reds" ~

"Well, when I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!"

2 comments:

Missy said...

Are you talking about White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney? If so, that is my and my sister's favorite Christmas movie!!!!!

Unknown said...

That's the one!! I know, it's the best Christmas movie EVER! I am trying not to burn Chris out on Christmas movies/music too soon:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...