Monday, November 16, 2009

Unfamiliar Territory

Merry Monday friends! I hope your weekend was wonderful, relaxing and full of fun!

We had a delightful few days off! Here's a funny story for you~

After finishing our dinner last night, Chris promptly asked, "What are we having for dessert, honey?". Quite comical that he has become accustomed to this, but I of course already had something in mind:) I responded that I was going to make our favorite Peanut Butter and Jam Cookies! And with that my husband began clearing our plates from the table and once everything was put away he asked what the first step was for the cookies! What?? That's right, instead of him checking football scores while I baked, we made them together! There were some very amusing moments though.

First of all, Chris read me the list of ingredients we needed because, as he noted, he doesn't know where anything is in our 'immaculate pantry'...wouldn't that make it easier to find things?? Anyway, he then combined all the wet ingredients in the mixing bowl and as they were blending he asks me if I had decided to move the mixer down from the pantry because I knew I would be doing a lot of baking during the holidays...I stared at him blankly for a moment and then, realizing what he had just asked me, I started laughing out loud. Understand that our mixer has been in the EXACT same spot on the counter since we moved in (18 months ago!). It became clear in that moment that our kitchen is pretty unfamiliar territory for him:)

I must say though, he did a fantastic job with the cookies! Impressive actually!!


So focused:)


"Cleaning up"


Yummy!!


The last hours of our weekend were spent enjoying these amazing cookies, milk and watching one of our favorite holiday movies, Elf!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...