Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cake Plate Infatuation

It's no secret I love to bake, but what's a beautiful cake if it doesn't have an equally beautiful stand to sit upon? For about a year I have been obsessing over cake plates. Not really sure when this began, but I love them! The trouble is, now that I'm constantly looking, I can't seem to find anything too unique. But I am going to let you in on a little secret of mine...Etsy! I have only ever searched for handmade goods on the site, but I have recently discovered they also sell vintage items! I am always game for anything vintage! So, while feeling like I had struck gold this past weekend, I was able to find several plates well worth my kitchen space. Here are a few of my favorites ~

How much do you love the milky cream shade of this ruffled beauty? I can already picture a delectable chocolate cake on top of this!


The unique amber hue of this one was the first to catch my eye. It has a pretty feminine touch to it without being to old fashioned.


And finally, the simplicity of this clear stand is only enhanced by the lacy edges. A pretty twist on your basic cake stand.


Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Missy said...

i'd probably destroy my cake trying to get it on one of those plates. lol. they are really pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...