Thursday, May 20, 2010

Drink Up!


The biggest excuse I hear for skipping breakfast is not having enough time in the morning. Even after giving my long saga about how it is the most important meal of the day, there are still those who skip it! So I wanted to share a quick, portable breakfast for those of you on the run (it literally takes 3 minutes from start to finish!). Believe me, it is as simple as it is delicious and full of rib-sticking ingredients that will stay with you until your next meal.

Keep in mind, this makes two servings so you can drink half as your first meal of the day and bring the rest for an afternoon pick-me-up!

Oatmeal may seem like a strange component to a smoothie, but I promise you can't even taste it and it adds a creamy, thick texture while giving you some added fiber! Feel free to play with different fruit in this recipe.

Oatmeal Smoothie
1 cup nonfat milk
1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries and blueberries
1 medium banana
1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1 T flax seed oil

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

Makes 2 servings.

image via/mybodyzone

3 comments:

Ali said...

I love smoothies in the morning - throw a handful of spinach in and you can't even taste it! I love getting a serving of veggies in my already delicious breakfast smoothie!

I also like the "chew" that oatmeal adds to smoothies.

Unknown said...

Oh yes, I'm all about green smoothies, too!!

Missy said...

sounds awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...