Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bargain Hunters

Who doesn't like a good deal?

Doesn't matter the source, a good sale, coupons, and my personal favorite, GARAGE SALES!! For as long as I can remember, my parents and I have been huge fans of garage sales. We used to wake up early on a sunny Saturday morning, stop at a local doughnut shop and head off in search of some unknown treasures! I think half the fun is finding stuff for practically nothing, even if you don't particularly have a need for the stuff you buy, which happens on more occasions than I care to count:) More than anything though, it is the whole experience of it. I just love being with my family. And now that Chris has joined the clan, there has been a whole other element added to the kinds of things we look for and I love it! I'm pretty sure it was a requirement that the guy I married enjoyed them as much as we do:) I sure got lucky!!

While the deals were far and few between this morning, I still came home with a few good things and I only spent $17!

*I got an awesome decanter for only $3!!
*A bundt pan (which I have been wanting to buy for a while) for $0.50! Used maybe once or twice.
*A cool painting of an Orchid for our future guest bathroom:) Oh yeah, for $2.
*A fun pineapple shaped votive holder for outside. (Chris really wanted this)
*A few fun books, candle holders in a fun green color and the cutest half pint milk jug (I'm gonna use it as a vase in my kitchen!)





You know, now that I think of it, many of the big pieces in our house are either from garage sales or Craig's List. I could seriously make a business of it:) Not to brag, but I have a talent for finding cool pieces and fixing them up. Well, at least for telling Chris how I want them fixed:)

As I write this post, my darling husband is planting our herbs:) I had a difficult time figuring out which ones I wanted this year. We just don't have a ton of space. After spending about an hour at Lowe's this afternoon, we finally decided on basil, mint, chives, rosemary, cilantro and Chris threw in a red bell pepper:) Man, I can't wait to have my own little herb garden, and lemon tree and ... basically I can't wait for a house!

Here's a pic of one of my pots. The others are scattered in their own pots on our patio.



Well guys, I should probably go help my hubby:) Enjoy the marvelous sunshine!! Much Love!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...