Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Year Older and Never Felt Better!

Where do I even start with how incredible the last week has been? I am overwhelmed and completely grateful to have such wonderful people in my life who make feel so loved! Thank you for making my birthday such a special day!!

Friday was everything I hoped it would be. My Mom and I spent the day at The Fountains, shopping and getting pampered with manis and pedis:) The weather even cooperated! I woke up to a cloudy, dreary day and got a little grouchy, but wouldn't you know that by the time we were finished with our delicious breakfast, the sun was out and shining away:) Hallelujah!

There was a little change of plans on Saturday. We had planned on doing the 5k I told you about last week, but after discussing everything we had going on that day, we decided to skip it. The race was downtown and by the time we were finished we would have been rushing to get ready. Nobody wants that on their birthday:) So instead, I woke up early and went for a run on my own:) It was absolutely the best way to start the day! Especially given the many splurges I knew I would be making;) I got back home to the sweetest suprise ever. You see, I have been obsessed with cupcakes lately. I think they are absolutely adorable! I wanted this cute vintage looking cupcake tree from Crate and Barrel and haven't stopped telling Chris about it! Well, not only did he listen, but he spent hours the night before making and decorationg 48 amazing cupcakes for me (well, to share of course!). I cannot believe how lucky I am to have such an incredible husband!! Seriously, who does that?

The rest of the day was spent getting my eyebrows waxed, lunch at my favorite sushi restaurant, relaxing with Chris and dinner at California Pizza Kitchen with our families! Of course, we saved room for some cupcake goodness! I could not have asked for a better birthday or more incredible people to share it with!

You would think a girl couldn't be happier after all that, however, that was only the beggining! Easter sunday was awesome! Such a great reminder of all Christ has given us and all we owe to Him! God is so GOOD!!

After a delicious brunch at my Mom's, Chris and I were off to the Villagio in the beautiful wine country, for what felt like a second honeymoon! Talk about a much needed vacation together! Upon arriving to our gorgeous hotel Sunday afternoon, we enjoyed afternoon tea and all that goes along with such a delightful tradition. Not only was the tea great, but the scones, sandwiches and other goodies made my day! The weather could not have been more perfect for a walk through the lovely town of Yountville.

We spent the next few days lounging by the pool, wine tasting, walking through the local shops and enjoying each others company! Did I mention how incredible the food was?? Everything we ate was absolutely amazing, from the tomato soup in puff pastry, the eclairs from the quaint bakery, Bouchon, the braised short ribs, the rich chocolate souffle with hazlenut cream sauce...mmm, sorry, my mouth just watered:)

I know I don't need to tell you how beautiful the wine regions of California are, but I must say, Chris and I are constantly amazed at how breath taking Northern California really is. We are so thankful to be able to live in a place with such natural beauty!

The planner in me would tell you that I had this trip completely mapped out in my head. I can't help it! However, it always amazes me when I think I know how something will turn out and then it actually happens and it is even BETTER than I could have imagined. Our trip was exactly that!

We were suppose to go hot air ballooning on Tuesday morning, but unfortunately, due to the winds that day, it got cancelled and I was so dissappointed...for about 20 minutes. One of the captains said he would rather disappoint us than put us in danger and I thought to myself, "Stop being ridiculous!". After all, he reminded us that, "It is better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air then in the air wishing you were on the ground!". So true! It just means that we get to go back and redeem our flight in the next few months. I must say, if the only negative thing that came from this is that we have to visit Napa again to go for a balloon ride in a few months, we are doing pretty good! Plus, I think we can handle taking another weekend trip;)

So, after an incredibly beautiful, romantic and rejuvinating couple of days, I feel ready to face reality again! Thankfully we can ease back into work with a 3 day week!!

I posted pictures of some highlights from our trip, but there are a bunch more on Facebook:)

I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend!!

Much, much Love!











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...