Thursday, June 4, 2009

All in Good Health

I have decided that on Thursdays I am going to post a product, recipe, item or something of the sort that has to do with living healthier. I am so excited, as I am always on the lookout for new goodies and I love to share my finds! So here it is, my first "All in Good Health" post:)

As a kid, didn't you just love the sticky, sweet goodness of a fruit roll-up? The problem is their high sugar content and empty calories:( But, I have found a delicious alternative in fruit leathers! They are perfectly sweet and have no added sugar except what is found naturally in the fruit and best of all, they count as one serving of fruit! Chris loves these things and I have yet to come across a flavor I didn't like. My favorite brand is Stretch Island Fruit Co. Check out their website! They are a great company devoted to simple, healthy products.

My favorite flavor is Strawberry Pomegranate Sunshine!


And for a complete and nutritious snack, pair with a small handful of raw nuts!

2 comments:

Brad Hill said...

The problem with those is that they're TOO good. If I wasn't thinking I'd probably eat ten at a time. And we all know what happens to you if you eat ten fruit leathers...

Laurie B. Lowndes said...

These are my absolute favorite! I buy the 48 pack from Costco & put them in our lunches for the week... so wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...