Thursday, June 25, 2009

Friday Favorites!

Happy Friday! Here are a few of my favorite things from this week!

*Kendall table cloth -


You all know how much I adore Crate and Barrel! On Monday afternoon I went and spent a gift card Chris and I received for our anniversary! I have been eyeing this for a few months and am so pleased I decided to get it! I'm not usually one for tableclothes, I usually go for placemats or runners, but this is a nice change and it really brings out the tuscan colors in my kitchen while cheering up the room with it's sunny brightness:)

*Saving money! -


Who doesn't like saving money, right? This week I went to the oral surgeon I was reffered to by my dentist. It went great, dentist was nice, office was nice, easy enough...until they showed me my estimated portion after my insurance. A hefty $1000! I didn't think much of it because I knew getting my wisdom teeth pulled would be expensive. The next day at lunch Chris and I were looking over the bill and he suggested that they may not be a prefered provider for our insurance company. Honestly, I kind of wrote it off thinking the dentist wouldn't refer us to a non-prefered provider, knowing what insurance we have. Sure enough, after calling them I found out Chris was right. After some resistance, my dentist gave me the number of a prefered provider. I called to get an estimate, assuming it may be a few hundred dollars difference and in that case would be worth the switch of surgeouns. Yeah, I found out it will cost us $230 with the other place!! I immediately scheduled my appointment for next month. Can you believe what a difference that makes? The craziest thing is, I didn't even know to ask, assuming everyone is going to do what is best for everyone else. Obviously I was wrong and I am so grateful for Chris and how when it comes to money, he doesn't just take someone's word for things. He actually looks and researches to find the best deals. What a blessing!

*Transformers 2 -


Okay, so not typically my kind of movie, but we watched the first one and thought it was pretty good, so why not see the second? Oh my goodness, it was awesome! Seriously!! Just make sure not to bring kiddos that are too young, there is some language and non-child appropriate content.

*Thanks you cards! -


I'm a sucker for cute stationary and I believe it is fully worth every penny! I found these at a cute store in San Francisco last weekend. The design is by Andy Warhol and is so very cute and summery!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...