Friday, June 19, 2009

This Too Shall Pass

It's funny to me that the theme of Summerfest this year was perseverance.

This afternoon, some major problems were discovered with my car. Apparently, it needs over $2000 worth of work. Wince with me, would you. My car is hardly worth putting that much money into. What do we do now? We don't know yet. So now we are the proud owners of two cars in pretty shabby condition.

To top it off, the IT people spent the entire day at my desk due to several issues I was having, all to find out the my hard drive is likely failing. Not good news. I hardly got anything done today and I hate that feeling.

I am completely exhausted.

However, I take comfort in knowing a few things:

1. God is in control and will take care of us...completely.

2. Even though material things may fail, I am incredibly blessed to have a loving and devoted husband to come home to and know that we are in this together.

3. These situations are building character.

4. As my Mom reminded me this afternoon, this too shall pass.

You should know that I still have a smile on my face and can't wait to celebrate the great victories as well as the trials we have faced the last year of being married. I wouldn't change it for the world!

I'm thinkin' that getting treated to a pedi should ease some stress =)

1 comment:

Brad Hill said...

Four words: Sierra College Auto Fair. Great deals and you don't have to deal with the dealers, who suck. Aaron sells cars, so he might be able to help you out, too. Poor car! :(

Hope you're feeling better after all this crap; anniversaries are supposed to be RELAXING!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...